We are pleased to announce the dates, theme, and venue for Open Repositories 2022. It will be held 6th – 9th June at the Auraria Campus in Downtown Denver, Colorado, USA. The theme for this year’s conference is Building Trust Together: Integrating, Collaborating & Sharing.
The local hosts and Open Repositories Steering Committee have not taken the decision to host a physical conference lightly. We are mindful of the on-going Covid-19 pandemic and will be monitoring the ongoing situation and regulations. We are considering how we can build on the successes of the virtual conferences we have held in the last two years that have enabled us to grow the open repositories family. We are intending to have some online elements to Open Repositories 2022, however they will not be in the form of a hybrid conference and the call for proposals is for the physical conference in Denver.
Thank you for your continued support of the Open Repositories community.
Claire Knowles. Open Repositories Steering Committee Chair and Torsten Reimer, Open Repositories Steering Committee Vice-Chair
Nominations are open for new members
The Open Repositories Steering Committee (ORSC) is pleased to announce that we are opening nominations for standing members to join the OR Steering Committee.
ORSC manages the annual Open Repositories conference and consists of a maximum of 12 standing members (who serve three-year terms) as well as the chairs of the host and program committees for the annual conferences.
We have two open slots for standing members, and we are inviting nominations, including self-nominations. The nomination deadline is July 30th 2021.
Information about potential nominees
Nominees should have participated in at least one previous OR conference, ideally have been a member of a program or host committee for an OR conference, and have extensive experience with repositories and the international repository community.
Some type of experience with the Open Repositories conference is necessary to join the ORSC.
ORSC members are expected to take part in a range of activities throughout the year, as well as those specifically related to the conference.
There is more information about the ORSC and expectations of members in our membership policy.
Examples of member activities include:
- Regular attendance at OR if at all possible. We note that for some potential members this can be difficult due to cost, travel, and schedules; the OR SC cannot provide funding for members to attend.
- Participating in the majority of the monthly committee meetings, including the in-person meeting that takes place at the conference every year.
- Participation in ad hoc or standing committees (e.g. Scholarship, Code of Conduct, Finance, etc.).
- Serving specific conference roles such as Program Chair or Poster Chair.
- Reflecting OR news and announcements (e.g. Calls for Papers, Expressions of Interest) via mailing lists and through social media.
- Timely participation in all discussions, in-person and online.
- Reviewing conference proposals and submissions.
- Reviewing conference host bids.
- Selecting new standing members for the ORSC.
We strongly recommend that potential nominees refer to the conference handbook for more information about the role of the ORSC.
Submitting a nomination
When submitting a nomination (and self-nominations are welcome) you will be asked to submit the following information:
- Personal information: name, email, institution affiliation, and a brief description of the nominee’s role.
- An indication that your nominee has attended at least one OR in the previous four years.
- Statement of interest, e.g. why the nominee wants to join the Steering Committee.
- Statement of qualifications, e.g. what specific experiences the nominee would bring to the Steering Committee.
Link to the nomination form.
- The nomination deadline is July 30th 2021.
- The OR Steering Committee will elect new members in August 2021.
- Successful new members will be expected to join the ORSC in September 2021 for a three-year period.
If you have questions about the OR Steering Committee, please feel free to contact any of the current standing members or to reach out to the Chair, Claire Knowles and Vice-Chair, Torsten Reimer.